Friday, November 16, 2012

Taking the Hurt Out

Hi everyone.  It's been awhile, huh?!  Things have been crazy with our family here lately.  We've found a doctor in Charlotte for mom that we all really like.  Although, she's having more bad days/moments as of late.  We're just taking things one day at a time & cherrishing everything!

A few months ago, right before the end of summer my mom & dad joined the YMCA.  We thought it would be great for them to be able to get a little exercise while also getting a little socialization & getting out of the house.  We got them going to the Silversneakers classes specifically geared towards their age group.  They love it, especially my mom.  She talks about going to the Y all the time.

Well, not long after they started, I joined my local Y & go to some of the classes while my daughter is in school.  I was talking to her one day about it & telling her how sore I was after a core class.  She then proceeded to tell me, that her brother, my uncle, had figured out a way to take the hurt out of working out.  I literally had to put my hand over my mouth to keep from laughing out loud.  My uncle is & will probably be the smartest person I have & will ever know.  With that being said, he's still not smart enough to take the hurt out of exercising! =)

She told me that one day, her brother (this is how she refers to him, even though I know him) asked her why she thought people didn't like working out & exercising.  Her answer was that they were sore afterwards, so he & some friends figured out how to take the hurt out!  Then he taught the ladies that teach her classes at the Y how to lead the exercises without making people sore.

Of course I didn't have the heart to tell her that the reason she isn't sore was because she's not pushing herself & all of that good stuff.  I'm just glad she's moving some, meeting new people, & has something to look forward too.  My dad on the other hand, has been sore several times from the same classes, lol!  Everytime I mention being a little sore from working out, she'll tell me that her brother figured out how to take the hurt out! =)

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment