Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It was for the BEST!!

Boy, I did NOT know what I was walking into a couple of weeks ago when I got to Mom and Dad's House. What I thought was going to be an ordinary day in Inman, turned out to be the complete opposite. Whew, and it was for the BEST!!!!

I walked into the  house with my 3 year old, Kamdyn, and my Mom clearly looks Awful. She looks like she hasn't slept and her face was very flushed. You could clearly tell she had been crying for a good while. I immediately started to worry to myself, because I did'nt know where this was going to go. I tried talking to my Mom and she just walked away to her room. My Dad soon after left to go get them some breakfast. Mom came back into the den and sat down with me. She looked me in my eyes, tears falling down her face, and says, "Allison, I know whats wrong with me now." Stunned, I of course say, "What do you mean Mom?" Now, I know what your thinking, how in the World was this for the BEST??....... You just have to keep reading and see.

That day Mom, Kamdyn, and I had a lunch date with One of my bestest friends and her NaNa. I was leary about going, and worried about Mama. But, she decided she still wanted to go. So, we went. We met them at Delightful Dishes, {one of mine and moms Favorite Lunch places}, to eat. We all had a nice lunch. I think, well, I know it did her good to get out and breathe for awhile. That day and the Few days to follow were a whirlwind and kind of a blur. They went so fast, and left me mentally and physically exhausted.

I was so THANKFUL that my oldest sister and  her husband, and my middle sister and her kids were able to drop what they were doing and had planned to come home. I literally don't know what I would have done without them here. It just felt better with them here.

So, now that my Mom knows she has this  Diagnosis, as she calls it, it takes a big weight off of us. We can breathe, and not feel like we have to tip toe around. We met extremley wonderful people at the Alz. Association, Jill and Joyce, whom have been lifesavers for our entire family. They have become like family. We can  talk about it, and laugh and cry. Mom is open to talking with people, and she is understanding, as much as she can, more about it. So, it's Been the BEST thing, as I said. A Blessing, actually!! Now, it's off to Delightful Dishes.......Lunch time! Till next time......Keep following :)

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment